Monday, April 23, 2012

YCS Toulouse report

Hi everyone,
I was the Assistant Head Judge for YCS Toulouse, and I liked it. I was probably chosen because I am french, and the Head Judge was not.
There were only 435 players, so it wasn't really challenging (as a judge) so I wasn't busy all the time as I expected.



During the weekend, I made a lot of enemies, all french ones. They don't hate me, but they thought that because I was their friend I would help them, which unfortunetly for them wasn't the case. ^^

I help DQing a 2 time YCS winner for marked cards and I DQ'd a french player for cheating.

I also made people cry (4), which never happened to me before, so I was really surprised. One of them was the french player I disqualified, another one cried because I issued a double game lost that made him lost the match. Another one during the top because, to sum up, he couldn't do what he wanted to do (and it made him lost the match), and another one because he couldn't prove his opponents cheated, and he lost the match. (that last one confessed to me later that he cried, I didn't saw him crying)

I missed the judged photo for the second time, still not on purpose. I guess I wasn't around when it happened, and no one asked "where is the AHJ?", so I'm a little bit disapointed about that.

Saturday morning, I translated in french the welcome speech, which wasn't easy because, I had to remember everything the Judge Manager said, and think quickly of the equivalent in french, so I made french people laught, and they applauded me twice, for being funny.

I couldn't be aware of who was winning with which deck, so I discovered later that the final in Toulouse was the same in Dallas, but the ending was different. And I never could anticipate that the Strucure Deck Dragons Collide had that much potential. I don't think much people saw it too.

I was on the stage most of the time, so I handled some "lost and find item" situations, and one time a player asked me if we found a trade blinder with 2 german Rescue Rabbit at the end. In my mind I was like "I don't think so", but the trade blinder was in the "lost and find item" box, and the player was really happy to have his belonging back, and I was really surprise that the Rescue Rabbits was still there.

It was really a great weekend, and I will probably see you all at the European Championship in Milan if I'm selected for judging.

No comments:

Post a Comment