Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My YCS Barcelona Report

Hello everyone,

I went to YCS Barcelona, for playing this time. I didn't judge because I wasn't selected, and it was the first time out of 9, simply because no one can be selected everytime. ^^

So I went with others french players, and I really had a great weekend, thanks to them.

I decided to play Dino Rabbit, with Macro Cosmos in it of course.
There is what I played:




Next is how my tournament went :
I lost the first round to Geargia (Machina), after that I won versus a guy with a weird deck, I saw only two monsters in his deck : Shining Angel and Cyber Dragon Zwei.

Following this, I won against a Six Samurai (2-0) where I didn't draw my one Kinetic Soldier, but still manage to overcome a start of his field made of  Grandmaster, Zanji, Kizan, Kizan and Gateway. (without Dark Hole)
Then I beat a Mermail (2-0), with my first-game hand being Kabazault, Kabazault, Sabersaurus, Sabersaurus, Typhoon and Judgment.
In round 5, I lost in a mirror match. and a finish the day winning my other matches, making a 5-2 record, and qualified for day 2.
I wasn't desapointed, since it was my first ever YCS participation, even know I had small chances to make it to the Top 32, and I was sure that my luck couldn't get me any further in the tournament.

As I predicted, I didn't made it to the Top 32, but still manage to finish the main event with a 7-3 record.


After the event, I will make some changes in my deck, like replacing Abyss Dweller by Utopia and add Torrenial Tribute, and maybe main deck Spirit Reaper like I wanted to do before saturday morning.

3 friends of mine from Paris managed to top, Leeroy Bitbol, Noël Garde (YCS Milan Finalist) and Sebastien Ma (French National Champion 2012), but sadly they were all defeated in the top 32.

Things I liked during the tournament :
- People from the USA made the trip to Barcelona
- More participants than YCS Tacoma/Seattle (802-756)
- Coming across a player from the USA who trade me his Lavalval Chain.
- KDE which had a sound effect for the end of rounds. (Not as loud as YCS Sheffield, but still awesome)
- Faced no opponents who cheated, or maybe I didn't saw anything.
- Had only three times called a judge. (for translations and confirmation on stuff when my opponents weren't sure) So no real issues.
- Faced 0 french players
- Nicolas did a deck profile for the coverage site


I will apply for judging at YCS Bochum.
So I may be there.
^^

No comments:

Post a Comment